What You Can Expect
- Solid Architecture — Modular design and separation of concerns make software more maintainable and flexible
- Design for Reuse — The lesson of years designing code with public APIs is to always code as if you're writing a public API
- Speed without Sacrifice — Tim codes quickly because of experience at understanding and solving problems across the software industry - you can expect several times the productivity of the typical fresh-out-of-university developer
- Testable, Maintainable Code — Testing is a religion worth following
- Coaching — You get the full benefit Tim's experience in coaching and training software developers and teams
RatesStandard rate: $220 USD / hour plus travel and expenses if applicable. A lower rate is available if the work is open-source and practical for others to reuse.
What Others Say About TimThe following quotes are also accessible via Tim's LinkedIn profile:
Tim is one of the smartest people I've worked with. He takes pride in his job and has a genuine passion for what he does. Besides Tim's technical expertise he's a blast to work with. I really enjoyed working with Tim and hope I get to work on the same team with him in the future.
Tim and I started programming in middle school back in 1980 or so. He's a fantastically productive, creative and imaginative architect/programmer with many, many other skills as well. He has the energy and capacity of 10 people and when there's a debate, he's usually right. You should hire him if you can.
Tim is a very talented software architect and developer. He has a strong knowledge of Linux and UNIX software development, system analysis, and system administration. His high level of knowledge makes it very easy for me to work with him. We speak the same language
Tim and I often exchange ideas on frameworks and API development, and we have worked together as contractors on one occasion. He's got a knack for elegant solutions and is as comfortable developing infrastructure for an IDE, to developing a web application in Node, to writing a raytracer as an off-hour fun project. Truly a heavy hitter you can throw anything at.
Tim is an expert developer who not only understands the details, but also has a firm grasp on how all the pieces fit together. His books and presentations offer undeniable proof that he's the rare developer with the technical chops and the communication skills to handle anything that comes his way.
Tim has a very hard to find talent when it comes to API design considerations which he developed over years developing NetBeans IDE and NetBean Platform...He possesses a passion to learn from software developers who use the product he is developing to understand what he, as an engineer, can do better to help make a software engineer's job easier and more productive. Tim also has that "true art" of developing eye appealing user interfaces that's so hard to find.